Annual Admission Notice in respect of admissions to the 2021-2022 school year
Admission Policy and Application Form:
• A copy of the school’s Admission Policy and the Application Form for Admission for the 2021-2022 academic year is available as on the website.
To download the application click here: Application Form 2021
• Application form and all relevant reports should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions to the 2021-2022 school year Application and Decision Dates for admission to 2021-2022
The following are the dates applicable for admission to this school:
• The school will commence accepting applications for admission on February 25th 2021
• The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on 7th May 2021
• The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is 21st May 2021
• The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission starts on date when offer is made and ends 4th June 2021*
Note: the school will consider and issue decisions on late applications in accordance with the school’s admission policy.
*Failure to accept an offer within the prescribed period above may result in the offer being withdrawn.
Number of places being made available in 2021-2022 school year:
The number of places being made available for those students who met the eligibility criteria (see Section 4 of Admission Policy) is nine.
Eligibility Criteria: S.t Declan’s School, with the approval of the Minister for Education and Skills, provides an education exclusively for students which caters for children with special needs from 4 to 12 years of age
• with mild emotional disturbance and/or behavioural problems which significantly impair their engagement, socialisation and/or learning in mainstream school and
• whose cognitive functioning is within the borderline range of ability, or higher
• who do not have a history of behaviour that, in the view of the Board of Management, causes or threatens or may cause or may threaten physical harm.
These difficulties must be the primary cause for enrolment in the school and as agreed by the National Council for Special Education and Department of Education.